Federal Government flags changes to workplace laws as a result of the COVID-19 crisis in the following areas:
- Simplification of employee awards.
- Matching employer staff demands with employee hours.
- A practical approach to penalty rates for employees working from home.
- Flexibility around using casuals due to the Coronavirus.
- Defining what a casual employee is in law after recent court cases have ruled that casual employees are entitled to holiday pay and sick/personal leave.
The Federal Government is also considering harsher penalties (including jail time) for employers for serious underpayments to their employees.
Is there economic stimulus on the way for the building and construction industry?
This industry has remained active during the crisis and the government is currently considering spending money in the building and construction sector in order to build more dwellings.
We are Xero partners with trained and certified Xero bookkeepers
Ready to take care of your business. Our Gold Coast Xero bookkeeper services are flexible so we can come to you or we can look after your bookkeeping online from our office.
Our services are the best quality and we want to create a life time partner, reason why our Gold Coast bookkeeping rates are the best, with no lock in contracts, we can always customise a fixed price package for your business.